Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chasing Steeples


My web design classes are almost at an end and I wanted to post another drawing. This is just a rough sketch from my weekend. My sister came down from Boston (you know- up theh neah Hahvad, wheh the smaht kids ah) with her new hubby Chris. This was her first trip to my new home so I wanted to do something special. With that in mind we spent Saturday with some friends hanging out in Waxah, NC at the Steeplechase. It was a great time; we enjoyed horse races, adult beverages, beautiful weather, playing cornhole and people watching.

There was more seersucker there than a KFC commercial but rather than post an illustration that depicts southerners in their most auspicious digs I chose to reflect the main event instead. And last but not least, I want to thank the Martins for organizing, implementing and hosting the whole thing- I think everyone would agree they did a terrific job. We may just have to make this an annual thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment